September is Save the Koalas Month, and even with this current pandemic situation going on there is plenty we can do to make our mark with fun activities for our toddlers!
Paper Plate Koala
- regular size paper plate
- 2 small paper plates
- gray acrylic paint
- black cardstock paper
- googly eyes
- black marker
- Start by painting the bottom of your paper plates gray and set them aside to dry completely. While your plates are drying, cut an oval nose out of your black cardstock paper.
- Once your plates are dry, staple the two smaller plates onto the large plate to make ears. Press along the middle circle of the small plates so they curve upward instead of down. Then cut slits along the bottom of the ears so it looks like hair.
- Glue your nose and googly eyes onto your koala. Finish your koala by using your black marker to draw a mouth onto it.
Koala Finger Puppets
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR FINGER PUPPETS
- koala finger puppet template
- gray cardstock
- black cardstock
- self-adhesive small googly eyes (We received our googly eyes from OrientalTrading.com. All opinions expressed are my own.)
- 3/4-inch or 1-inch circle punch
- pencil for tracing
- glue stick
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THIS FUN KOALA CRAFT
1. Download the free koala finger puppets craft template and print it out on gray cardstock paper.
2. Cut out each of the pieces from the template. Use the nose as a template to trace it on a scrap piece of black cardstock with a pencil, and then cut it out.
At Angel's Paradise, we believe that preserving wildlife is important for even child's future.