This is a bit of a cheat to making iced vovo's, but it's really just a faster and easier option for busy parents - bonus is it's fun for the kids too!
185g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Lighthouse Cake, Biscuit and Pastry plain flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam
3 cups pink and white mini marshmallows
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Sift flour over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Roll out dough between baking paper until 4mm thick. Cut dough into 5cm squares. Place on trays. Re-roll remaining dough and repeat.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Spread each biscuit with 1/2 teaspoon jam. Scatter with marshmallows. Return trays to oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows have softened.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
At Angel’s Paradise Early Education Childcare Centres, we encourage getting our hands dirty and enjoying different foods.